|Nov. 1 is World Vegan Day, in preparation, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2018’s Best Cities for Vegans & Vegetarians.|
WalletHub compared the 100 largest cities across 16 key indicators of vegan- and vegetarian-friendliness. Including the total number of restaurants per location that were serving meatless options as well as the cost of vegetarian options in grocery stores
|Vegan & Vegetarian Friendly Cities|
|1||New York, NY||11||Washington, DC|
|2||Portland, OR||12||Tampa, FL|
|3||Orlando, FL||13||Chicago, IL|
|4||Seattle, WA||14||Phoenix, AZ|
|5||San Francisco, CA||15||Miami, FL|
|6||Los Angeles, CA||16||Atlanta, GA|
|7||Austin, TX||17||Anaheim, CA|
|8||Scottsdale, AZ||18||Nashville, TN|
|9||San Diego, CA||19||Houston, TX|
|10||Las Vegas, NV||20||Madison, WI|
Best vs. Worst – Vegan & Vegetarian Friendly Cities
- Scottsdale, Arizona, was noted to have the most restaurants serving vegetarian options and the most restaurants serving vegan options.
- San Francisco has the most community-supported agriculture programs. They also happen to have the highest cost for groceries for vegetarians, which is interesting. San Francisco also has the most Farmer’s Markets.
- New York’s specialty is their salad restaurants and New Jersey has the least. New York also has the most Smoothly Bars.
- Affordablity Rating: Least Affordable: Honolulu, Hawaii, then San Francisco
- Number 1 Vegetarian Lifestyle is Anaheim, California.
- Best city for Vegetable Nurseries per capita is Miami, Fl.
- San Diego ranked 9 in the Top 20 Cities for Vegans and Vegetarians.