Carlsbad is in beautiful North County, San Diego. It is a small coastal town between Oceanside & Leucadia. Carlsbad’s old- world flavor comes from its history. Carlsbad was named after a famous spa in Karlstad, Bohemia, when in 1882 alkaline mineral water was discovered in the village.
Best Things to do in Carlsbad Summer 2018 include resorts, restaurants & relaxation. Discover Carlsbad’s old-world charm by the seaside.
Resorts, Restaurants & Relaxation
Carlsbad has 7 miles of gorgeous sandy beaches. It also has three unique lagoons for nature walks, hiking or bird watching. And for those who enjoy shopping as a form of relaxation, the Carlsbad Premium Outlet mall offers over 90 well known designer stores with great discounts.
And for kids visiting Carlsbad, there is the world-famous LEGOLAND® theme park with rides, shows and attractions.
Another great attraction in Carlsbad is the Flower Fields of Carlsbad Ranch that has more than 50 acres of spectacular blooming flowers every spring. Carlsbad is nicknamed the flower capital due to the beautiful ranunculus flowers. Carlsbad is also called the golf capital because of the large number of golf companies which are stationed in the area, as well as the legendary golf courses.
RESORTS – BEST PLACES TO STAY IN CARLSBAD
- Omni La Costa Resort & Spa – Carlsbad’s resort offers luxury rooms, a top-ranked spa, eight pools, championship golf and elegant event spaces.
- Park Hyatt Aviara – Spanish Colonial Inspired Architecture, immersed in the idyllic natural beauty of Carlsbad California.
- Grand Pacific Resort – perfect for families, romantic getaways, weddings & corporate events. Located near: LEGOLAND.
- Sheraton Carlsbad – Experience a refreshing stay at one of San Diego’s top hotel resorts.
- Marbrisa Resort – Spanish Mediterranean-style villas with unparalleled service and amenities.
- Carlsbad Beach Inn – Boutique resort steps from the beach. Perfect for families.
RESTAURANTS – Best Things to do in Carlsbad Summer 2018
Dining options in Carlsbad Village: Carlsbad is known for great Italian Restaurants:
- Vigilucci’s Italian Restaurants – offers authentic Italian recipes from Milan. Roberto Vigilucci has a passion for traditional Italian cuisine. Vigilucci’s specialty dishes including homemade pasta, savory veal, chicken, steak, and seafood.
- Branci Caldo Pomodoro Italian Restaurant – “Hot Tomato” creates old world Sicilian style cuisine with specialty pasta’s and gourmet pizza.
- Gregorio’s Italian Restaurant – Specializes in traditional Sicilian style Italian cuisine.
- Cicciotti’s Trattoria – Cicciotti’s is casual Italian dining cooked by a Published Author & Chef Gaetano Cicciotti.
- Campfire – Campfire cooks up locally-sourced and sustainable meat and seafood as well as seasonal veggies all in the name of Argentinian barbecue.
- Paon Restaurant offers French Californian cuisine.
- Land & Water Company -Chef Robert Ruiz of the Land & Water Company is known as one of San Diego’s best non-traditional sushi chefs.
- Blue Ocean Robata & Sushi Bar – Blue Ocean is also a Sushi lovers favorite.
- West Steak & Seafood – West Steak & Seafood is known for its authentic farm—to–table approach, sourced from the restaurants privately owned three-acre farm, located close to the restaurant.
- Other great eateries in Carlsbad:
- Park 101 – Community dining, lounging and sipping in style in the heart of the Village.
- Café Topes – Best breakfast in Carlsbad
- Lola’s Mexican Deli – Authentic Mexican Cusine
- Senor Grubby’s – Mexican inspired California grub.
- Gaia Gelato – Authentic Italian Gelato
- The Goods – Artisan doughnut bakery
RESORT DINING OPTIONS:
- Omni La Costa Resort & Spa include Bob’s Steak & Chop House and Bistro 65. Farm to table dishes with fresh seasonal ingredients.
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort’s signature restaurant Vivace serves delicious Italian cuisine. The word Vivace means “alive” in Italian and that is what Vivace offers in a farm to table environment with seasonal favorites.
- The Argyle Steakhouse serves the premium cuts of organic meat to diners overlooking the 18th green of the Aviara Golf Club.
- Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa incorporates recipes from around the world, spectacular vistas of the Pacific coastline and a large outdoor patio area complete with fireplace.
RELAXATION – Best Things to do in Carlsbad Summer 2018
SPA DAY AT YOUR FAVORITE RESORT
Golf Companies in Carlsbad:
Taylor Made Golf – number one performance driver in golf.
Callaway Golf Co. – an American global sporting goods company that designs, manufactures, markets and sells golf equipment & accessories worldwide.
Titleist Golf – a recognized leader in the golf industry.
GOLF COURSES – Best Things to do in Carlsbad Summer 2018
- Carlsbad also features the Omni La Costa Golf Courses, home to two championship golf courses & 36 holes. Plus, their legacy of this historic home of 37 PGA events The Omni La Costa golf courses, Legends, and Champions, boast a rich tournament history dating back 50 years, filled with players ranging from the best professional golfers in the world to politicians, Hollywood celebrities and legendary sports heroes, including Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra, and Tiger Woods.
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort host the only Arnold Palmer signature golf course in San Diego. Stunning landscape with fabulous ocean views.
- The Crossings at Carlsbad is an 18-hole par 72 course that offers cool spectacular panoramic views, rolling hills & gorgeous waterfalls.
SHOPPING – BEST THINGS TO DO IN CARLSBAD
- The quaint Village of Carlsbad offers a multitude of boutiques and specialty shops which include Aranelle’s Apparel, Accessories & Women’s Clothing Shop, Humble Olive Oil & Vigilucci’s Gourmet Market.
- Carlsbad Village Art & Antique Mall is comprised of more than 100 dealers selling antiques and collectibles.
- Carlsbad Premium Outlet Mall with brand named products at a discount.
- The Forum in Carlsbad was voted the area’s favorite shopping destination.
- The Shoppes at Carlsbad offers customers a unique blend of coastal hospitality and world-class shopping.
ACTIVITIES & TOURS – Best Things to do in Carlsbad Summer 2018
- LEGOLAND® theme park is geared toward children ages 2 to 12. It features rides, Lego shops and shows. It also highlights life-size replicas of cities built entirely from LEGOS.
- SEA LIFE Aquarium is LEGOLAND’S Water Park with a 45-foot tower water slide.
- Flower Fields of Carlsbad Ranch boast over 50 acres of blooming giant ranunculus flowers during the spring months of March & April. The Flower Fields offer tours and special events including weddings and garden dinners.
- The Museum of Making Music is an interactive activity which allows visitors to play many different types of musical instruments. They also offer musical concerts and workshops.
- Carlsbad Food Tours is a 3 hour guided walking tour with 8 stops at unique eateries for food-wine tastings and historical, cultural and architectural presentations.
- Pedego Electric Bikes
- Batiquitos Lagoon – Hiking nature trail & bird watching.
- Leo Carrillo Ranch Historic Park – old home of Cisco Kid.
- TGIF Concerts in the Park offers a series of free concerts at three separate community parks during the summer months
Make your plans now to visit Carlsbad along the Pacific Ocean in San Diego’s North County
Written by Cherimarie Poulos founder/owner of Carlsbad Food Tours. (Eat Like a Local) – We offer a 3-hour guided walking tour of the village featuring tastings from local eateries, and insights into Carlsbad’s art, history and architecture.
Hungry for more information about top restaurants in North County San Diego?
Follow our blog: