Imagine you’re sipping wine and enjoying a picnic in the park while listening to the sounds of a local band play on a warm summer evening or maybe you are snuggled up under a blanket and watching a family-friendly movie on the big screen while savoring the sights and sounds of the outdoors. Either way, summer concerts and movies-in-the-park are the perfect free event for the family or an evening out with your special someone.
We’ve got all the details on summer concert series and movies in the park in Carlsbad this summer. Read on for your comprehensive guide to all the fun.
Carlsbad | TGIF Concerts in the Park
The City of Carlsbad has a long-standing Friday night summer concert series. It’s hosted at a variety of Carlsbad community parks from June to August. You can bring a blanket, low-folding chairs, and something to eat and drink. The concert area opens at 4pm and the concerts go from 6-8pm, with the park closing at 9pm.
Stagecoach Community Park
3420 Camino De Los Coches
- June 23 – Sue Palmer & Her Motel Swing Orchestra, Blues/Boogie Woogie
- June 30 – Morgan Leigh Band, Pop Country
Poinsettia Community Park
6600 Hidden Valley Road
- July 7 – Robert Jon & The Wreck, Southern Rock/Country Blues
- July 14 – The Routine, Soul/Rock/Funk
- July 21 – Feufollet, Cajun
Calavera Hills Community Park
2997 Glasgow Drive
- July 28 – The Spazmatics, 80’s Covers
- August 4 – High Tide Society, 70/Yacht Rock
Alga Norte Community Park
6565 Alicante Road
- August 11 – The Mighty Untouchables, Party Cover Band
- August 18 – Jazz Katz Orchestra with Whitney Shay, Big Band/Swing
Carlsbad | Flicks By The Fountain
Bring your friends and family on Thursday nights this summer to the Carlsbad Village for “Flicks By The Fountain.” Films begin at dusk or around 7:45-8:00pm. Seating begins at 6:00pm.
State Street and Grand Ave Parking Lot
2897 State Street