Carlsbad is known to locals as the “Village by the Sea,” is an iconic, affluent beach town famous for warm weather, white sand beaches and a variety of event and activities. Believe me, there is more to Carlsbad then meets the eye. Here is a list of 10 best things to do in Carlsbad, winter 2019:
1) New Village Arts Festival, Final Draft – 10 Best Things to do in Carlsbad, Winter 2019
New Play Festival, FINAL DRAFT by New Village Arts, scheduled for January 3-6, 2019. This year’s festival will feature plays by local playwrights & music. All of the final draft selections were picked from a pool of over 80 new plays and musicals and a five-person readership panel.
Four days of festival activities that celebrates new work in San Diego. In addition to staged reading performances of five new plays, New Village Arts will also be providing a character and dialogue writing workshop sponsored by Disney screenwriter Kelly Younger.
Grants access to all four play readings, both workshops on Saturday January 5, the Opening Night party and the Craft Beer Social. Also includes 2 craft beer vouchers.
More information on schedule and ticket pricing will be forthcoming at www.newvillagearts.org.
2) Family Photos at the Beach – 10 Best Things to do in Carlsbad, Winter 2019
Our Family Photo shoot this year was done at Carlsbad Beach across the street from the Carlsbad Power plant also known as Warm Waters by local surfers.
3) Leo Carrillo Bird Walk – Buena Vista Audubon – 10 Best Things to do in Carlsbad, Winter 2019
4) The JourneyBirds at Witch Creek Winery
Witch Creek Winery
5) Corporate and Individual Wellness Retreats – 10 Best Things to do in Carlsbad, Winter 2019
- Chopra Center at Omni La Costa – Renew your mind & body at the Chopra Center for Wellness.
- Park Hyatt Aviara also offers an exclusive Wellness Retreats in a relaxed setting of casual elegance.
6) Carlsbad Food Tours – 10 Best Things to do in Carlsbad, Winter 2019
Carlsbad Food Tours offers a local’s perspective to our unique “Village by the Sea”, in North County San Diego. Carlsbad’s coastal splendor, laid-back SoCal vibe, old world charms & culinary jewels makes Carlsbad Food Tours a great foodie experience. Schedule your tour today @ Carlsbad Food Tours
Our food tours visit 8 food tasting locations within the quaint village of Carlsbad. The food samplings on this tour are sure to stimulate your salivary glands and satisfy your appetite for a satisfying lunch that is chock-full of variety. Each tasting is served from locally-owned and operated specialty food stores and ethnic or locavore-style eateries.
7) Aviara Trails
Batiquitos Lagoon trail is the most popular trail in Aviara and provides a wonderful nature experience being so close to the water and the Aviara golf course.
Migrating Birds are often seen on the Lagoon Trail: Egrets, herons, and many other water fowl. The Lagoon Trail is a little over 2 miles in distance but has beautiful views for years worth of memories.
8) Agua Hedionda Lagoon – 10 Best Things to do in Carlsbad, Winter 2019
Agua Hedionda Lagoon is a saltwater wetland and watershed and offers year-round recreational and commercial use.
Plus, it has facilities for boating, skiing, wake-boarding, sailing, stand-up paddle-boarding and fishing.
9) Carlsbad Marathon And Half Marathon –
10 Best Things to do in Carlsbad, Winter 2019
Sunday, Jan 20, 2019 at 6:15am
6:15 AM – Full Marathon
7:45 AM – Half Marathon
10. Walk the City Carlsbad Historical Tour
Historical Walking Tour in Carlsbad, CA has long been a place to gather, relax, and heal. The kick-back beach culture, along with a rich and varied history, makes the city the enchanting spot it is today.
- The Carlsbad tour will meet at Carlsbad Coffee House at 2744 Carlsbad Blvd., Carsbad, CA 92008 (corner of Carlsbad Blvd. and Beech St.)
- Street parking is available.
- Please plan to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to your tour’s scheduled start time.
- Our journey will last 90 minutes.
- We will do a lot of walking (about a mile and a half), so wear comfortable shoes!
- Written by Cherimarie Poulos founder/owner of Carlsbad Food Tours.
- Which offers a 3 hour guided walking tour of the village featuring tastings from local eateries, and insights into Carlsbad’s art, history and architecture.
- Hungry for more information about top restaurants & activities in North County San Diego?
- Follow our blog: