Enjoy fresh organic produce, locally prepared foods, handmade crafts and live entertainment in the heart of Carlsbad Village!
Every Wednesday between the hours of 3 pm – 7 pm on State Street
2) Carlsbad Beaches
Terramar is one of our local surfers favorite spots to catch a wave. It is located South of the Carlsbad Power plant and North of Palomar Airport Road. This quaint and somewhat hidden beach surrounded by cliffs.
3) Art in the Village 20th Anniversary – 10 fun things Carlsbad Summer 2018
The Carlsbad Village Association (CVA)’s 20th Annual Art in the Village will take place on Aug. 12, 2018. This is a one day, open air event in downtown Carlsbad Village. It has over 100 local and regional artists showcasing their art. All types of art will be available from oil painting, watercolors, photography, mixed media and sculpture. There will also be jewelry making, woodworking and many other talented artisans. Starting at 9 a.m. attendees browsed exhibits and listened to live music along State Street and Grand Avenue right in the heart of the Village, just blocks from Carlsbad State Beach.
They will also be offering Family Open Studios, a free art-making workshop designed for the whole family’s participation, sponsored by the City of Carlsbad.
And don’t forget to check out the Teen Art Pavilion where teen artists from Carlsbad High Schools will have their artwork on display and will be performing live demos.
3) 15th annual Carlsbad Music Festival on August 24-26, 2018
Venue: St. Michael’s By the Sea | 2775 Carlsbad Blvd. | Carlsbad, CA 92008
They offer free admission to certain concerts including the outdoor Lawn Stage contained within the Beer Garden.
Be a friend and bring a blanket and enjoy adventurous music by the beach with your community!
No tickets required for these events.
For other events there is a price for the ticket, click here to order tickets: Carlsbad Music Festival Tickets
The Music Festival will have a wide range of music from rock to classical. Come and get your party on in Carlsbad.
4) Corporate and Individual Wellness Retreats
- Chopra Center at Omni La Costa – Renew your mind & body at the Chopra Center for Wellness.
- Park Hyatt Aviara also offers an exclusive Wellness Retreats in a relaxed setting of casual elegance.
5) Carlsbad Food Tours – 10 fun things Carlsbad Summer 2018
Carlsbad Food Tours offers a local’s perspective to our unique “Village by the Sea”, in North County San Diego. Carlsbad’s coastal splendor, laid-back SoCal vibe, old world charms & culinary jewels makes Carlsbad Food Tours a great foodie experience. Schedule your tour today @ Carlsbad Food Tours
Our food tours visit 8 food tasting locations within the quaint village of Carlsbad. The food samplings on this tour are sure to stimulate your salivary glands and satisfy your appetite for a satisfying lunch that is chock-full of variety. Each tasting is served from locally-owned and operated specialty food stores and ethnic or locavore-style eateries.
Carlsbad Food Tours
6) Aviara Trails
The Batiquitos Lagoon trail is the most popular trail in Aviara and provides a wonderful nature experience being so close to the water and the Aviara golf course.
Migrating Birds are often seen on the Lagoon Trail: Egrets, herons, and many other water fowl. The Lagoon Trail is a little over 2 miles in distance but has beautiful views for years worth of memories.
7) Agua Hedionda Lagoon – 10 fun things Carlsbad Summer 2018
Agua Hedionda Lagoon is a saltwater wetland and watershed and offers year-round recreational and commercial use.
It has facilities for boating, skiing, wake-boarding, sailing, stand-up padddleboarding, and fishing.
8) The Wednesday “Worlds” Morning Ride
Start Time: 8:15am
Start Location: Starbucks, Downtown Carlsbad (2924 Carlsbad Blvd Carlsbad, CA)
This is one of Bicycling Magazines top ranked group community rides. The ride rolls north through Camp Pendleton to San Clemente where it turns around and heads back to Carlsbad. Out and back is 49 miles. The Pendleton ride has been described as one of the hardest flat rides you can do. So bring your A game and bring your ID – you must have a valid drivers license or state-issued ID to get onto the base.
Don’t forget to request access to Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton (MCB CAMPEN) bike route in advance by filling out the official Bike Route Access Form.
9) Music & Arts
Current Showing: Legally Blonde
Book by Heather Hach
Music and Lyrics by Laurence O’Keefe & Nell Benjamin
Based on the novel by Amanda Brown and the MGM motion picture
Directed by Kristianne Kurner
Music Direction by Tony Houck
Legally Blonde Tickets
Runs July 28 – Sept 9, 2018
A fabulously fun award-winning musical based on the adored movie, LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL, follows the transformation of Elle Woods as she tackles stereotypes and scandal in pursuit of her dreams. Action-packed and exploding with memorable songs and dynamic dances – this musical is so much fun, it should be illegal!
10. 10 fun things Carlsbad Summer 2018
Historical Walking Tour in Carlsbad, CA has long been a place to gather, relax, and heal. The kick-back beach culture, along with a rich and varied history, makes the city the enchanting spot it is today.
Walk the City Tickets
- The Carlsbad tour will meet at Carlsbad Coffee House at 2744 Carlsbad Blvd., Carsbad, CA 92008 (corner of Carlsbad Blvd. and Beech St.)
- Street parking is available.
- Please plan to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to your tour’s scheduled start time.
- Our journey will last 90 minutes.
- We will do a lot of walking (about a mile and a half), so wear comfortable shoes!
- Written by Cherimarie Poulos founder/owner of Carlsbad Food Tours. Eat Like a Local!
- We offer a 3 hour guided walking tour of the village featuring tastings from local eateries, and insights into Carlsbad’s art, history and architecture.
- Hungry for more information about top restaurants & activities in North County San Diego?
- Follow our blog: