Striving For Sustainability In Our Tours
Day-To-Day Operation Changes
- We are switching to paperless ticketing and eliminate paper waste! So that, we can check customer tickets on their smartphones.
- We are planning to eliminate paper handouts and converting to QR Codes
- Offer advice and provide information on how guests and employees can take advantage of environmentally friendly modes of transportation, like biking, train, and other public transport.
- Our tours are environmentally friendly walking tours.
On Your Tours & Activities
- We strive to eliminate single-use plastic waste by asking our customers to bring reusable water bottles.
- We keep our tour sizes small and staggered as this has a lower impact on local flora and fauna than hundreds of people visiting an area at once.
- An added benefit – amid ongoing COVID-19 concerns guests favor smaller group sizes for health and safety reasons as well!
- We clean up customers waste to reduce the impact on restaurants.
- We share information on the local culture and history of your area with your customers. Respect the culture of your destination, acknowledge the impact of tourism in the area, and give your customers the opportunity to connect with locals.
For the Local Economy
- We contribute to the local economy and support other local businesses by obtaining services from our local vendors.
- We invest in the area. We encourage our customers to donate to Feeding San Diego in order to help feed and support the local community.
- We donate to a variety of local charities.
- We hire local staff and provide training that contributes to the development of the local workforce. Not only does this boost the local economy, but local guides will also be able to provide unique insights to guests that non-locals do not have.
With Our Marketing Materials
- Going paperless with our marketing by focusing on digital platforms like social media, email marketing, and PPC advertising.
- Going digital with our photo offerings, to provide customers with digital photos of their experience.
- Similarly, we use online channels to educate customers about the local culture and history, any issues they should be sensitive about, and local businesses they should support.
We have taken our first steps toward a more sustainable business, see how easy it is to put small measures in place. We feel great knowing that we have taking steps to preserve, protect, and contribute to your beautiful area!