Eat like a local! Experience the historic city of Carlsbad through food and wine. Indulge in tasty bites and sips from various restaurants while you learn about our unique culinary scene. Your tour guide helps you to…
- Person *Includes 20% Gratuity
FOOD is the Ingredient that Brings us TOGETHER!
- Private Group Tour Experiences must have a minimum of 4 guests per tour.
- The number of tasting locations will be dependent on time available for the tour: 2-3.5 hours = 4-6 tastings.
- Let the village be your corporate event venue of choice with Carlsbad Food Tours. Choose your favorite tasting locations in the village.
- Wine Tasting: Entice your taste buds and learn about the history of California wines while sipping some of the local favorites.
- Meet, greet, and engage with local and chefs and hear stories about their life and how they got started in the business.
- 5 out of 5 star ratings on Yelp, 2018 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence! 5 out of 5 star ratings on Tripadvisor.
- Learn about Carlsbad’s local history, culture, and architecture, including the key to Carlsbad’s success and how Carlsbad got its name!
WHEN: To be determined
TIME: Custom start and end times are available
INCLUDED: All food & wine tastings
WHO: Team building events, holiday celebrations
CAPACITY: 10 people per tour (2 tours per day for 20 guests)
DISTANCE: 2 miles/easy
STATION: Carlsbad Village Station
WEATHER: Mild/low 50-60; high 70-80
STANDARD PRIVATE TOUR SAMPLE:
Cicciotti’s is casual Italian dining cooked by Published Author and Chef Gaetano Cicciotti. They serve classic Italian pasta, gnocchi, bruschetta, tiramisu, and limoncello.
Witch Creek Winery
Artisanal donuts; strawberry cheesecake, smores, bear claws, and butter donuts.
Park 101 is Carlsbad’s unique answer to community dining, lounging and sipping in style in the heart of the Village. We’ve made sure that there’s something for everyone at our 8,000 sq. ft. multi-level, plaza-style complex.
Caldo Pomodoro serves up North County’s finest Italian fare with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Caldo Pomodoro, every dish is created with old fashioned Sicilian zest.
Carlsbad Chocolate Bar
Offers an extensive variety of chocolates, full coffee and espresso bar, and retail wines, ports, and champagne.
Señor Grubby’s was started in 2008 by a group of local guys looking to put a twist on the local Mexican fair. After numerous trips to Mexico and local Mexican and American breakfast spots, they noticed missing elements that they wanted to highlight.
Gaia prepares gelato in small batches every day, using only our authentic Italian recipes. They have installed in the heart of Carlsbad an authentic Gelato Lab.
Private Group Experience Tour: tickets cost $75 per guest with a minimum of 4 guests; this includes all food & wine tastings at 4-6 locations. A tour guide gratuity fee of 20% will be included in your total cost and provided directly to your tour guide(s).
If these options do not fit for your group, feel free to contact us and create your own Private Tour Option.
Witch Creek Winery
Red wine & dessert wine
Caldo Pomodoro – Garlic Bread Baked Artichoke Hear
Baked artichokes with lots of cheese and garlic, marinara, and garlic bread.
Al pastor taco – Roasted pork infused with pineapple, fresh cilantro, and homemade tortillas.
Gelato ice cream flight with four unique tastings.
Smoked meat platter with chicken, brisket, tri-tip, pork or watermelon mimosa.
Gnocchi, bruschetta & canoli or limoncello.
Sea salt caramel chocolates.
Northwest corner of State and Grand. Across the street from our first tasting location Caldo Pomodoro 2907 State Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008.
PARKING: Carlsbad Village Train Station & street parking