Offered daily 11:30 am. Celebrate your event or outing with a private food tour! Enjoy some of the favorite restaurants in the village. Wine tasting, pasta, gelato…
Taste of Carlsbad Food Tour
A Taste of Carlsbad
Additional alcoholic beverages available for purchase at time of tour. Just remember you will be changing locations approximately every 15-20 minutes.
- Adult Ages 18-61
- Senior Ages 62+
- Adolescent Ages 11-17
- Child Ages 5-10
- Young Child Ages 4 & Under
Delicious Foods from Specialty Shops & Local Eateries
- Enjoy the best of Carlsbad’s locally sourced foods.
- Carlsbad Food Tours are easily walkable in the downtown area that hosts some of the best flavors one can imagine.
- Sample delicious Italian gnocchi or pasta in a tasty vodka sauce.
- Receive an insider’s view into the culture, history, and architecture that defines the Carlsbad Village.
- We have a passion for telling stories and creating unique experiences that allow people to connect through food.
- A taste of Carlsbad is our original food tour. Our partners are passionate about their food and you can taste it.
- Our tour guides are fun, local, knowledgeable, and are eager to provide you with a glimpse into the local flavor, culture, art, and architecture.
Embark on your food-focused excursion with locally-owned Italian restaurants and cafes, where you can savor Old World dishes including generations-old recipes from Cicciotti’s and or Caldo Pomodoro. From Italian delights to French crepes & Strawberry Shortcake, Carlsbad has it all.
Enjoy award-winning California wines at Witch Creek Winery. To complement your foodie exploration, between each destination your guide offers interesting commentary about the lovely Victorian architecture and old-fashioned storefronts that fill downtown Carlsbad. Your ticket also gets you Carlsbad Food Tours’ Tasting Guide, which features local maps and exclusive discounts and coupons to give you special access to Carlsbad’s unique, artisan food scene.
You will learn about the historical significance of Carlsbad as you walk down Grand Ave to Carlsbad Blvd and enjoy the majesty of the Twin Inns and the Carlsbad Mineral Spa historic landmarks.
- Exploration of Carlsbad Village’s history & culinary scene
- Interactive gourmet food tour led by a professional guide
- 6 tastings including french crepes & California wine
- Hand-selected bites from local eateries & Italian cafes
- Small group setting for an intimate experience
Expect to be with us for about three hours as you learn about the origins of Carlsbad while you sample unique local favorites from neighborhood restaurants, cafes, and specialty food stores.
Treat yourself to an unforgettable cultural and culinary experience. Get off the beaten path visit six locally-owned eateries and eat like a local. Tasting locations will vary but all will be very tasty!
1) Italian Cuisine:
Cicciotti’s or Gregorio’s Italian Restaurant
- Ciccotti’s also has great Italian cuisine. Our tasting here will be pasta or gnocchi and cannolis.
- Gregorio’s specialty items include eggplant and meatball sliders.
- Our tasting will be either Mom’s homemade cinnamon rolls or Artisan Donuts.
3) Wine Tasting:
Witch Creek Winery
- Witch Creek Winery has honed the focus of their winery on producing a wide variety of outstanding, award-winning red wines. We will be tasting a sparkling wine, red & dessert wine.
Gelato Love or Chocolate Bar
- Gelato Love prepares gelato in small batches every day, using only our authentic Italian recipes. Our tasting will be a flight of gelato with four unique tastings.
- Carlsbad Chocolate Bar offers an extensive variety of chocolates, full coffee and espresso bar, and retail wines, ports, and champagne. Ours tasting will be sea salt chocolates.
Lola’s Mexican Deli or Senor Grubby’s
- Lola’s authentic Mexican food in the village. Our tasting will be Lola’s famous bean & cheese burritos.
- Senor Grubby’s Mexican American style food. We will be tasting Grubby’s specialty Al Pastor tacos. Roasted pork infused with pineapple.
6) Savory or Sweet:
Froglander Yogurt and Crepes or Park 101
- Froglander’s makes delicious savory or sweet French crepes and yogurt.
- Park 101 tasting options include smoke meats, watermelon mimosa or acai bowls.
- Children 4 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- You must be 21 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- This tour is two miles of easy walking between restaurant stops.
- Takes place in rain or shine – wear appropriate clothes and bring an umbrella.
- Maximum group size is 20 people.
- Tour stops vary.
A Taste of Carlsbad Food Tours Meeting Location:
Your tour guide will greet you at the northwest corner of State & Grand in front of the fountain at 11:30 a.m.
There is a large multi-colored beach chair, make yourself comfortable.
On the southwest corner you will see Via Vai Italian Restaurant across the street at 2907 State street, Carlsbad CA 92008.
Parking is available at the Carlsbad Village Train Station 2775 State Street and street parking.
Contact Info: 760 215-9433
Email: [email protected]
Send Us a Message!