10 Best Things to do in Carlsbad, Winter 2023
Carlsbad is known to locals as the “Village by the Sea,” is an iconic, affluent beach town famous for warm weather, white sand beaches and a variety of event and activities. Believe me, there is more to Carlsbad then meets the eye. Here is a list of 10 best things to do in Carlsbad, winter 2023:
1. New Village Arts Current and Upcoming Plays & Musicals:
More information on schedule and ticket pricing will be forthcoming at www.newvillagearts.org.
2. Carlsbad Community Theatre:
The Patrons of the Arts Foundation, operating as Carlsbad Community Theatre, provides opportunities for North County San Diego residents of all ages to participate in high quality performing and visual activities. Our goals are to promote the arts by:
Providing year-round cultural events at affordable prices.
3. Visiting Batiquitos Lagoon
The Batiquitos Lagoon Foundation Nature Center is located at 7380 Gabbiano Lane, Carlsbad, CA 92011.
4. Agua Hedionda Lagoon:
It’s More Than a Lagoon, It’s an Ecosystem
The 400-acre Agua Hedionda Lagoon is a coastal wetlands on the San Diego coastline. The Lagoon watershed is a sensitive and vital ecosystem that is home to juvenile fish, crabs, marine life and waterfowl. It is also provides a much needed respite for migrating birds. The Lagoon is also home to the YMCA day camp, recreational boating, a mussel and abalone aquaculture facility, a white-sea bass breeding and research center and a power generating facility. The Lagoon’s various usages, and the many activities and ecosystems it supports, makes it a distinctive and precious natural resource unlike any other.
Come and Visit the Discovery Center and see the latest exhibits:
Hours: Monday through Saturday 9am – 4pm
Sunday 12pm – 4pm
5) Corporate and Individual Wellness Retreats
- Chopra Center at Omni La Costa – Renew your mind & body at the Chopra Center for Wellness.
- Park Hyatt Aviara also offers an exclusive Wellness Retreats in a relaxed setting of casual elegance.
6) Carlsbad Food Tours
Carlsbad Food Tours offers a local’s perspective to our unique “Village by the Sea”, in North County San Diego. Carlsbad’s coastal splendor, laid-back SoCal vibe, old world charms & culinary jewels makes Carlsbad Food Tours a great foodie experience. Schedule your tour today @ Carlsbad Food Tours
Our food tours visit 8 food tasting locations within the quaint village of Carlsbad. The food samplings on this tour are sure to stimulate your salivary glands and satisfy your appetite for a satisfying lunch that is chock-full of variety. Each tasting is served from locally-owned and operated specialty food stores and ethnic or locavore-style eateries.
Carlsbad Food Tours
7) Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Full and Half Marathon & Surf Sun Run 5K
8. Walk the City Carlsbad Historical Tour
Historical Walking Tour in Carlsbad, CA has long been a place to gather, relax, and heal. The kick-back beach culture, along with a rich and varied history, makes the city the enchanting spot it is today.
- The Carlsbad tour will meet at Carlsbad Coffee House at 2744 Carlsbad Blvd., Carlsbad, CA 92008 (corner of Carlsbad Blvd. and Beech St.)
- Street parking is available.
- Please plan to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to your tour’s scheduled start time.
- Our journey will last 90 minutes.
- We will do a lot of walking (about a mile and a half), so wear comfortable shoes!
9. Journey Birds
Acoustic duo in San Diego, CA available for private events, live music for weddings and receptions. Family-friendly and engaging.
10. Coal Carlsbad Oceanside Art League
The Carlsbad-Oceanside Art League (COAL or “The League) is a non-profit organization founded to promote art education and the cultural appreciation of fine art in the community. The purpose shall be supported, as funding allows, by demonstrations, student scholarships, outdoor displays, exhibitions, commercial displays, miscellaneous cultural tours, and a main gallery.
- Eat Like a Local!
- We offer a 3 hour guided walking tour of the village featuring tastings from local eateries, and insights into Carlsbad’s art, history and architecture.
- Hungry for more information about top restaurants & activities in North County San Diego?
#carlsbad #oceanside #vista #sanmarcos #sandiego #escondido #temecula #murrieta #encintas #delmar #solanabeach #carlsbadca #northcountysandiego #northcountysd