Clara one of the best new restaurants in Carlsbad
Clara is one of the best new restaurants in the Carlsbad, one block from the beach. Clara is the Spanish word for “clear,” which describes the pureness of the food; locally sourced, seasonal California fresh delights. Many of chef Carballo’s dishes are vegetable-based master pieces. Some favorites are their cauliflower tacos and beet crusted flatbread. Carballo prefers the natural flavors of food over heavy cream sauces. My favorite dish at Clara’s is the salmon & veggies, it sounds basic, but I assure you that it is not. It is a mouth-watering taste experience one should not miss. Chef Carballo is a talented, passionate chef that has fans that have followed him from his previous past kitchens (Stone Brewing World Bistro, Moto Deli, Indigo Grill). He is well known and respected in the culinary world of San Diego, California.
Beside delicious food, Clara also has some of the most original and tasty cocktails. The inspiration for the bar comes from Seth Marquez a local talent form Campfire & Sycamore Den.
Carlsbad Village Faire, Suite 212, 300 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad. (760) 994-0699. For more information: claracarlsbad.com
- Written by Cherimarie Poulos founder/owner of Carlsbad Food Tours. Eat Like a Local!
- We offer a 3 hour guided walking tour of the village featuring tastings from local eateries, and insights into Carlsbad’s art, history and architecture.
- Hungry for more information about top restaurants & activities in North County San Diego?
- Follow our blog:
Check out some of our other articles:
- 20 Best Things to do in Carlsbad, California
- 10 Things to do in Carlsbad California
- Best things to do Carlsbad-Summer
- The Goods Artisan Donuts
- Best Places for a Staycation
- Discover Carlsbad
#carlsbad #oceanside #vista #sanmarcos #sandiego #escondido #temecula #murrieta #encintas #delmar #solanabeach #carlsbadca #northcountysandiego #northcountysd