Need a little getaway? Carlsbad, California is the perfect place for a weekend trip. We’ve put together our best lists of recommendations for the most notable 20 Fun & Exciting Things to do in Carlsbad, California. From sightseeing to restaurant recommendations, you’re sure to find something that’ll pique your fancy.
Encinitas (Spanish for “Small Oaks”) is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in California and is known for its excellent surfing conditions. It is a laid-back chilled surfer town that is divided into four distinct areas—old Encinitas (Olivenhain), new Encinitas (downtown 101), Leucadia, and Cardiff (Cardiff-by-the-sea).
Encinitas is a classic SoCal town with its dramatic beaches, palm trees, blue skies, surfers, taco shops, and stunning sunsets.
Click Learn More for details on Things to do in Encinitas:
Come experience the world-famous Southern California food culture, through a delectable meal from six local eateries!
- Learn all about the history and culture of North County San Diego, while sipping on local beer, and munching on cultural cuisine in the laid-back beach town of Encinitas.
- Known as the birthplace of the California yoga movement and coastal surf vibes.
- Join our tour and grab your plate as the laid-back vibe of Encinitas’ surf community rolls into a hand full of the best restaurants in San Diego.
Fall Special for our Encinitas Food Tours!
20% Off Discount Code: Encinitas23 – 11am Sundays
Offered daily 11:30 am. Celebrate your event with a private food tour! This tour is great for celebrating an Anniversary, Birthday, Family Reunion, Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party. Enjoy some of the favorite restaurants in the village. Wine tasting, pasta, gelato…
- A Party without the mess and fuss!
- 20 guest per tour
- We plan it, you enjoy
- The date & time can be customizable to your group upon request.
- Complete request form below or call (760) 215-9433 or email: [email protected]
Eat like a local! Experience the historic city of Carlsbad through food and wine. Indulge in tasty bites and sips from various restaurants while you learn about our unique culinary scene. Six tasting locations for savory dishes, wine, beer & desserts.
- Your tour guide helps you to easily navigate the downtown streets of Carlsbad which house a wonderful concentration of museums, restaurants, and historic landmarks uniquely mixed with shops and art galleries and vibrant street murals.
- Along the way you discover the diverse history, architecture, and culture in our seaside village.
- Eat Like a Local and learn about Carlsbad while eating your way through town.
Need help planning your corporate outing, small office party, or incentive reward?
Choose Carlsbad Food Tours and get the bonus of a natural team-building event.
Visit six tasting locations where you’ll sample delicious food, wine, and beer tastings.
Customizable to your group needs. Choose your time and day, we do the rest!
We can accomodate large groups of 20+ guests per tour
Call (760) 215-9433 or email: [email protected] to schedule your private group experience.
Travel back in time with us as we explore the Birthplace of California and the events and people who have transformed Old Town San Diego into the cultural destination it is today. Join us for a night of authentic food tastings, traditional cocktail samplings, and fun!
Give the gift of a great food experience with Carlsbad Food Tours Gift Cards. Good for all of our tours: Taste of Carlsbad and Private Group Experience Food Tour.
Choosing the perfect present for your loved ones is tricky business, and it’s even more difficult to find something you can be sure they’ll love.
Try gifting an experience this season!
20% Off (Code: XMAS23) on all gift cards purchased from 10/31/23 – 12/31/23
Discover why they make for the best presents!