Need a little getaway? Carlsbad, California is the perfect place for a weekend trip. We’ve put together our best lists of recommendations for the most notable 20 Fun & Exciting Things to do in Carlsbad, California. From sightseeing to restaurant recommendations, you’re sure to find something that’ll pique your fancy.
Encinitas (Spanish for “Small Oaks”) is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in California and is known for its excellent surfing conditions. It is a laid-back chilled surfer town that is divided into four distinct areas—old Encinitas (Olivenhain), new Encinitas (downtown 101), Leucadia, and Cardiff (Cardiff-by-the-sea).
Encinitas is a classic SoCal town with its dramatic beaches, palm trees, blue skies, surfers, taco shops, and stunning sunsets.
Click Learn More for details on Things to do in Encinitas:
Come experience the world-famous Southern California food culture, through a delectable 6-course plant-based meal from local eateries!
- Learn all about the history and culture of North County San Diego, while sipping on local beer, and munching on cultural cuisine in the laid-back beach town of Encinitas.
- Known as the birthplace of the California yoga movement, the coastal surf vibes and glamorous celebrity history of Encinitas have led to a world-class plant-based food scene that’s sure to impress vegan and non-vegan guests, with a variety of gourmet sweet and savory eats.
- Join our tour and grab your plate as the laid-back vibe of Encinitas’ surf community rolls into a hand full of the best restaurants in San Diego.
Offered daily 11:30 am. Celebrate your event or outing with a private food tour! Enjoy some of the favorite restaurants in the village. Wine tasting, pasta, gelato…
- Let the village be your celebration venue of choice. There are so many great new eateries in our “Village by the Sea”.
- Carlsbad is becoming quite the international foodie destination.
- We have great Italian, Mexican, French, Latin and American Nouveau.
- What is your flavor choice? Can’t decide, then join us and check out 6 places in one day, find your favorites and return for dinner.
- If you’re looking for the EASY button to set up your party or team building event, we can do the planning for you. We plan it, You enjoy, local eateries for unique & delicious food.
Eat like a local! Experience the historic city of Carlsbad through food and wine. Indulge in tasty bites and sips from various restaurants while you learn about our unique culinary scene.
- Your tour guide helps you to easily navigate the main streets of Carlsbad which house a wonderful concentration of museums, restaurants, and historic landmarks uniquely mixed with shops and art galleries and vibrant street murals.
- Along the way you discover the diverse history, architecture, and culture in Carlsbad.
- Stop by the Twin Inns and learn about our secret speakeasy and of course our miracle water.
- Carlsbad is all about the water we are surrounded by including the lagoons and ocean.
- Enjoy Carlsbad’s history, culture and architecture while eating your way through the village.
Carlsbad Food Tours Private & Custom Group Experiences are the perfect way to get a taste of Carlsbad while enjoying the company of friends, family or co-workers.
We are happy to tailor a unique culinary experience to your group’s needs.
If you’re looking for the EASY button to set up your party, we can do the planning for you!
Visit five-six tasting locations where you’ll sample delicious food, wine, and beer tastings (enough for lunch or dinner). Number of locations will depend on time available for your group. Evening tours often move at a slower pace than daytime tour, allowing the guest to drink and linger a bit more, which is especially good for team bonding and celebrations.
Late afternoon to evening tours (4-7pm) available upon request. (Not available on Fri or Sat evenings)
Customizable to your group needs. Choose your time and day, we do the rest!
Call (760) 215-9433 or email: [email protected] to schedule your private group experience.
Up to 20 guest per tour. Large groups may be split up into 2-3 separate tours.
Travel back in time with us as we explore the Birthplace of California and the events and people who have transformed Old Town San Diego into the cultural destination it is today. Join us for a night of authentic food tastings, traditional cocktail samplings, and fun!
Give the gift of a great food experience with Carlsbad Food Tours Gift Cards. Good for all of our tours: Taste of Carlsbad and Private Group Experience Food Tour.
The holidays are coming up fast!
Choosing the perfect present for your loved ones is tricky business, and it’s even more difficult to find something you can be sure they’ll love.
This holiday season try gifting an experience!
Discover why they make for the best presents below!
- Experiences Lead to Long-lasting Memories
- Gifting someone (or receiving) an experience is highly personal and indicates that effort and thought have been put into the gifting process.
- Moreover, experiences can cater specifically to an individual. Does your friend love food? Buy them a food tour experience.
- Looking Forward to an Experience Makes Up Half the Fun
- Experiences Let Us Try New Things
- Experiences Initiate Human Connection