Culinary Arts Tour
A Taste of Carlsbad
Looking for new ways to engage with your culinary students. Carlsbad Food Tours offers culinary tours specifically for your students. We are thinking outside the box on new and inventive ways to teach students about a subject and the real world at the same time. We offer guided tours of Carlsbad’s culinary scene which makes for a great field trip to the San Diego area. Carlsbad is a true foodie destination with a plethora of fantastic restaurants, including a Michelin Star restaurant called Jeune et Jolie.
We plan it, You enjoy! A 3-Hour guided walking tour with six tasting locations at unique and delicious eateries! Learn about Carlsbad’s food scene, history, culture, and architecture while eating your way through our seaside village.
Recently, Culinary Arts Instructors from both Hemet High School and Murrietta High School, set up field trips for their students to join Carlsbad Food Tour on a Private Group Food Tour to experience the historic city of Carlsbad through its food. The students were indulged in tasty bites from various restaurants while they learned about our unique culinary scene. Six tasting locations for savory dishes & desserts.
A wide variety of ethnic foods were introduced to the students including Mediterranean fusion dishes from Turkey, Italian Cuisine and Gelato, French Crepes, Mexican Taco’s, and delicious Donuts. Our tour guides shared with the students the stories about the restaurants, chefs, and the type of foods they were tasting. While walking the village the students also learned about Carlsbad’s history, culture, and architecture. Food Tours are a great way to introduce culinary students to an insider’s view of the restaurant business while eating their way through town. Which is a favorite past time for high school students. Culinary Teachers know that by putting food in front of a student, it will surely get their attention.
For more information on our tours visit our website: www.carlsbadfoodtours.com
- Exploration of Carlsbad Village’s history & culinary scene
- Interactive gourmet food tour led by a professional guide
- 6 tastings including French crepes & gelato, tacos…
- Hand-selected bites from local eateries & Italian cafes
Treat yourself to an unforgettable cultural and culinary experience. Get off the beaten path visit six locally-owned eateries and eat like a local. Tasting locations will vary but all will be very tasty!
1) Italian Cuisine:
Cicciotti’s or Gregorio’s Italian Restaurant
- Our tasting will be either Mom’s homemade cinnamon rolls or Artisan Donuts.
Gelato Love or Strawberry Shack
- Gelato Love prepares gelato in small batches every day, using only our authentic Italian recipes. Our tasting will be a flight of gelato with four unique tastings.
- Strawberry Shack prepare a delicious Strawberry Shortcake
- Senor Grubby’s Mexican American style food. We will be tasting Grubby’s specialty Al Pastor tacos. Roasted pork infused with pineapple.
6) Savory or Sweet Crepes:
Froglander Yogurt and Crepes
- Froglander’s makes delicious savory or sweet French crepes and yogurt.
7) Mediterranean Cuisine
- This tour is one mile of easy walking between restaurant stops. It is also wheelchair accessible.
- Takes place in rain or shine – wear appropriate clothes and bring an umbrella.
- Maximum group size is 20 people.
- Tour stops vary.
A Taste of Carlsbad Food Tours Meeting Location:
Your tour guide will greet you at the northwest corner of State & Grand in front of the fountain at 11:30 a.m.
There is a large multi-colored beach chair, make yourself comfortable.
On the southwest corner you will see Via Vai Italian Restaurant across the street at 2907 State street, Carlsbad CA 92008.
Parking is available at the Carlsbad Village Train Station 2775 State Street and street parking.
Contact Info: 760 215-9433
Email: [email protected]
Send Us a Message!