Carlsbad “The Village by the Sea”: Discover Carlsbad’s old-world charm and luxury resorts
Carlsbad is in beautiful North County, San Diego. It is a small coastal town between Oceanside & Leucadia. Carlsbad’s old- world flavor comes from its history. Carlsbad was named after a famous spa in Karlstad, Bohemia, when in 1882 alkaline mineral water was discovered in the village.
Resorts, Restaurants & Relaxation
Carlsbad has 7 miles of gorgeous sandy beaches. It also has three unique lagoons for nature walks, hiking or bird watching. And for those who enjoy shopping as a form of relaxation, the Carlsbad Premium Outlet mall offers over 90 well known designer stores with great discounts.
And for kids visiting Carlsbad, there is the world-famous LEGOLAND® theme park with rides, shows and attractions.
Another great attraction in Carlsbad is the Flower Fields of Carlsbad Ranch that has more than 50 acres of spectacular blooming flowers every spring. Carlsbad is nicknamed the flower capital due to the beautiful ranunculus flowers. Carlsbad is also called the golf capital because of the large number of golf companies which are stationed in the area, as well as the legendary golf courses.
- Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
- Park Hyatt Aviara
- Grand Pacific Resort
- Sheraton Carlsbad
- Mar Brisa
- Carlsbad Beach Inn
Dining options in Carlsbad Village: Carlsbad is known for great Italian Restaurants:
- Vigilucci’s Italian Restaurants – offers authentic Italian recipes from Milan. Roberto Vigilucci has a passion for traditional Italian cuisine. Vigilucci specialty dishes including homemade pasta, savory veal, chicken, steak, and seafood.
- Branci Caldo Pomodoro Italian Restaurant – “Hot Tomato” creates old world Sicilian style cuisine with specialty pasta’s and gourmet pizza, delicious baked artichoke hearts and the best garlic bread in San Diego.
- Gregorio’s Italian Restaurant – Specializes in traditional Sicilian style Italian cuisine, eggplant sliders, pasta and a wonderful wine-mosia.
- Cicciotti’s Trattoria – Cicciotti’s is casual Italian dining cooked by a Published Author & Chef Gaetano Cicciotti. Veal, pasta, homemade limoncello, not to mention unbelievably tasty tiramisu.
- Campfire – Campfire cooks up locally sourced and sustainable meat and seafood as well as seasonal veggies all in the name of Argentinian barbecue. If you enjoy smokey meats, you will love Campfire.
- Paon Restaurant offers French Californian cuisine in an elegant atmosphere, excellent choice for a family celebration.
- West Steak & Seafood – West Steak & Seafood is known for its authentic farm—to–table approach, sourced from the restaurants privately owned three-acre farm, located close to the restaurant.
- Other great eateries in Carlsbad:
- Park 101
- Café Topes
- Lola’s Mexican Deli
- Senor Grubby’s
- Gaia Gelato
- The Goods
RESORT DINING OPTIONS:
- Omni La Costa Resort & Spa include Bob’s Steak & Chop House. Farm to table dishes with fresh seasonal ingredients.
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort’s signature restaurant Vivace serves delicious Italian cuisine. The word Vivace means “alive” in Italian and that is what Vivace offers in a farm to table environment with seasonal favorites.
- The Argyle Steakhouse serves the premium cuts of organic meat to diners overlooking the 18th green of the Aviara Golf Club.
- Twenty/20 Grill & Wine Bar at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa incorporates recipes from around the world, spectacular vistas of the Pacific coastline and a large outdoor patio area complete with fireplace.
Golf Companies in Carlsbad:
- Taylor Made Golf,
- Callaway Golf Co
- Titleist Golf
- Carlsbad also features the Omni La Costa Golf Courses, home to two championship golf courses & 36 holes. Plus, their legacy of this historic home of 37 PGA events The Omni La Costa golf courses, Legends, and Champions, boast a rich tournament history dating back 50 years, filled with players ranging from the best professional golfers in the world to politicians, Hollywood celebrities and legendary sports heroes, including Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra, and Tiger Woods.
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort host the only Arnold Palmer signature golf course in San Diego. Stunning landscape with fabulous ocean views.
- The Crossings at Carlsbad is an 18-hole par 72 course that offers cool spectacular panoramic views, rolling hills & gorgeous waterfalls.
- The quaint Village of Carlsbad offers a multitude of boutiques and specialty shops which include Aranelle’s Apparel, Accessories & Women’s Clothing Shop, Humble Olive Oil & Linda’s Gifts.
- Carlsbad Outlet Mall
- Forum in Carlsbad
- LEGOLAND® theme park is geared toward children ages 2 to 12. It features rides, Lego shops and shows. It also highlights life-size replicas of cities built entirely from LEGOS.
- SEA LIFE Aquarium is LEGOLAND’S Water Park with a 45-foot tower water slide.
- Carlsbad Food Tours is a 3-hour guided walking tour in the village with 6 stops at unique eateries for food and wine tasting. You will learn about Carlsbad while eating your way through our town.
- Flower Fields of Carlsbad Ranch boast over 50 acres of blooming giant ranunculus flowers during the spring months of March & April. The Flower Fields offer tours and special events including weddings and garden dinners.
- The Museum of Making Music is an interactive activity which allows visitors to play many different types of musical instruments. They also offer musical concerts and workshops.
- Carlsbad Beach: 7 miles of beautiful sandy beaches line the coast in Carlsbad.
- The Carlsbad Village Faire is the largest one-day street fair in the country, with over 100,000 guests per year. May & Nov
- The Carlsbad Marathon takes place in January each year, with over 10,000 runners entering this event
- TGIF Concerts in the Park offers a series of free concerts at three separate community parks during the summer months.
- Carlsbad Music Festival brings together world-class performers and composers from across the genres.
Make your plans now to visit Carlsbad, California along the Pacific Ocean in San Diego’s North County.